Scheduling an Appointment
Our clinic is open for appointments 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know so we will be able to see someone else who may be waiting on the appointment.
We do our best to see patients on time. However, emergencies, surgical delays, patients requiring extra time, and other unforeseen circumstances can often make waiting unavoidable.
In order to make your visit as convenient and “hassle” free as possible, we request that you provide us with the following information:
- Patient Demographics
- Name and date of birth
- Home phone number and work phone number
- Primary care doctor and referring physician
- Insurance information and referral authorization number if required by their insurance carrier
- Referring Diagnosis – and type of exam/procedure being requested
- Previous Films, CDs and Reports – please bring any recent relevant ultrasounds, x-rays, CT’s, MRI’s and PET scans with you for your visit
- Current Medications – including dose and frequency
- Current Herbals and Vitamins – including dose and frequency
- Insurance Card – and referral if required
New patients should arrive at Bay Urology Center 15 minutes before their scheduled examination, unless otherwise noted.
Making An Appointment
To make an appointment, please dial 850-818-0021. If you require medical attention, please call ahead rather than coming into the office without an appointment.
Our medical receptionists are here to meet your scheduling needs and all reception calls are answered by a “live” voice, not a recording, unless all of our lines are busy. If the medical receptionists are busy with other callers, our phone system will sequence your incoming call on a first call basis. You can help us by having available all pertinent information that will be requested:
- Your name
- Your regular doctor
- The nature of your problem
- When you would be available for an appointment
- Changes in registration such as phone number, address, or insurance.
This information will enable our medical receptionists to handle your calls more effectively. Our receptionists are trained and experienced and can provide the same care and concern that you have. Please share our trust in their abilities by allowing them to handle your needs in the future. All information will be kept strictly confidential!
We also encourage you to make a return appointment before leaving the office. If you require an appointment with a specialist, our receptionists would be more than happy to book that for you and notify you of the appointment.
Should you need medical attention after office hours, our doctor is always available by phone when we are closed. Our medical answering service will take your call; our on call provider will be notified and will return your call. Of course, in the case of a life-threatening illness or emergency, dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to keep an appointment or need one changed so that we can accommodate another patient. Failure to cancel 24 hours prior to the appointment time may incur a fee charged directly to you.REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT